Add Web Map Option in ArcMap

Jump to solution
12-15-2016 05:08 AM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  This answer may be right in front of me, but I am trying to view a list of web maps that I have hosted in ArcGIS Online in ArcMap.  But, when I "Add data from ArcGIS Online" I do not see any web maps.  In fact, I only see map services and feature layers.  And the UI doesn't look like the examples in the documentation here: Using ArcGIS Online in ArcGIS for Desktop applications—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop for version 10.3 (I'm using 10.3.1).  According to the documentation, I should see "My Maps and Data."  Instead, I only see "My Data" which is limiting.

I'm pretty confused about what I am seeing.  So, if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly3

Hi Mary Ellen,

In ArcMap, go to File > ArcGIS Online - the window that opens will have the 'My Maps and Data' option for you. Opening 'Add data from ArcGIS Online' will show data only from your account and across ArcGIS Online.

Carmel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CarmelConnolly3

Hi Mary Ellen,

In ArcMap, go to File > ArcGIS Online - the window that opens will have the 'My Maps and Data' option for you. Opening 'Add data from ArcGIS Online' will show data only from your account and across ArcGIS Online.

Carmel

MaryEllen_Perko

Thank you!  I knew it was right in front of me.  I knew I'd seen the option before.  And obviously, I need to read the documentation more closely. 

Thanks again.