AGO web map mobile browser functionality, docs?

10-31-2013 10:14 AM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III
I'm looking at one of my AGO maps via Android device browser and have some questions regarding whether things I'm seeing are bugs, features, limitations, etc...

First off, does anyone know if there is esri documentation on AGO mobile web map functionality?  I'm talking about browser based maps, not the native ArcGIS or Collector apps.

A couple questions I have are:
1)  I have several "operational layers" in the map but don't seem to be able to toggle them on or off.  I see a listing of the layers but no way to interact with that listing.  I'd like to be able turn on/off various layers in the map, as I can with the PC browser version of the map.

2)  I've enabled popups for one of the sub layers... works great in the pc browser version of the map but on the mobile map (same exactly URL as the pc based map), I see the popup flash quickly, I see the polygon shape get selected quickly, but then the popup says "no information" and the cyan outline/selected shape goes away.  How do I get the popup to work properly in the mobile map?

Thanks,
-Royce
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RoyceSimpson
Here's a link to the map.  Try it on your desktop.  Popups work.  Then send the link to your phone.  Popups don't work.  Also, it doesn't seem possible to toggle the various operational layers on and off.

http://larimer.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=fac44a005f6644e3bb3f62c4f13d2c26
0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
This only seems to be a problem with Android devices.  I've tested on iOS with no issues.  Any Android device I test comes up "no information" when I click a feature that has popups enabled. 

Please, November update to AGOL have this fixed!
0 Kudos
DavidRowe1
New Contributor III
This only seems to be a problem with Android devices.  I've tested on iOS with no issues.

Royce, when you say it works on iOS, do you mean just the popups or the layer control, too?

Our AGO site has a layer that is turned off by default. I see no way to turn it on when viewing it on an iPhone:
http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=1aa44ed5b48b4091bebfcc7ae851ec6d&extent=144.169...

Am I missing something?

Please, November update to AGOL have this fixed!

Seconded!

Thanks.
DR
0 Kudos