Arcade labeling

Jump to solution
02-23-2018 06:58 AM
HeatherHerrmann2
Occasional Contributor

I am new to ArcGIS Online, so also new to Arcade.  I am curious how to use the expression builder in AGOL for customizing how my labels appear on the pop up windows.  My very basic example shows how my data is showing by default.  I'd like to be able to show it as follows:

Name of facility
Address of facility
Phone number of facility

I don't want to show the attribute name either.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Actually, to do this you don't need Arcade. This can be easily done by using the "custom attribute display" to show the data in the pop-up:

In teh Custom Attribute Display you just add the fields with the "+" button and format it as you please:

View solution in original post

4 Replies
XanderBakker

Actually, to do this you don't need Arcade. This can be easily done by using the "custom attribute display" to show the data in the pop-up:

In teh Custom Attribute Display you just add the fields with the "+" button and format it as you please:

HeatherHerrmann2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!  I actually figured out how to show the fields I want using the custom expressions but this is good to know that I can do it this way instead.

Do you know how I would not show the field names but just the content of each field?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

The example above does just that. The field names (e.g. "{ST_NAME}") will be replaced by the value each feature has in that field.

Arcade is built to create more dynamic pop-ups, labeliing and symbology. A nice discussion can be found here: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2017/07/18/conditional-field-disp... 

I have published several documents on using Arcade, but they are in Spanish. Since they are pretty visual I include an example here to give you an idea of what you can accomplish using Aracade: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-10368-crear-ventanas-emergentes-en-arcgis-online-con-imágenes-co... 

HeatherHerrmann2
Occasional Contributor

Ahh, thank you!  Very much appreciated!

0 Kudos