ArcGIS 10 Basemap Problems

06-10-2011 12:45 PM
MarilynLevandoski
New Contributor
I use ArcGIS 10 Desktop and seem to have lost the two high resolution layers under Imagery when I ???Add Basemap???, from the + button and click on . How can I get them back?

This is leaving blank tiles in my map.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
What do you mean they are missing? Are they not in the list of basemaps or are they just not drawing on your map?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
MarilynLevandoski
New Contributor
I'm not sure what you are asking....but I'll try to answer. When I click Add Basemaps and choose the Imagery Map I get a list of the layers in the table of contents for that map, Boundaries and Places, Transportation and Imagery. Under Imagery I get World Imagery and Low-Resolution (15m) Imagery. Everyone else here with ArcGIS10 can also see 2 High Resolution layers at 30cm and 60cm Imagery. I now believe that the tiles that would not project on the map that I was working on were actually missing from my GIS Data. I have download 2 of them and the map now seems to be working. But I'm still curious as to why the High-Res layers do not show up in the list in the table of contents. Any thoughts? (Thanks for responding, sorry it took so long for me to answer...I've been out of the office.)
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Sorry, I have no idea why you can't see these.  Could you have added this imagery layer a different way, not as a basemap? If you set the basemap in a new map, you don't see it either? It is very strange because these are layers are part of the service so they should be there. Perhaps you can contact Technical Support.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
MarilynLevandoski
New Contributor
Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, when I do set the basemap into a new map I get the same problem. And also, for my old maps now. I guess I'll have to contact tech support but I no longer have the maintenance agreement.

Thanks
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
Youre a brave soul running this buggy software without a maintenance agreement, but I can understand the costs are high.  Have you considered an ArcView level license, they are still pricey but can be worth it for the tech support.
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos