ArcGIS.com Related Table Driven Map Symbols

12-10-2015 10:57 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I have a point feature layer hosted in ArcGIS.com that has a related table of data.  In an ArcGIS.com map, is there or will there be a way to change the map symbol based on a value in the related table?  You can have the map symbol change based on a feature attribute, but I don't see an option for it to changed based on a value stored in a related table.

I have a water hydrant layer that has a related table of flushing and maintenance dates.  I want to have the hydrant symbol change colors based on the year it was last flushed stored in the related table.  That way when the field workers open Collector for ArcGIS they can see color coded hydrants based on what needs to be flushed.  I am trying to get away from having to store the year flushed a second time as a standalone feature attribute, when it is already stored in the related table.

Thanks

Dan

1 Reply
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Dan,

Setting symbology based on a related table has been a long-requested feature that we haven't been yet able to incorporate into ArcGIS Online. I would recommend that you add your support to the ArcGIS Ideas page below. The ArcGIS Online team does the best they can to incorporate popular and trending ideas into the software as much as they can.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/10702 

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos