arcgis.com search results api

12-13-2011 11:36 AM
JeffEssic
New Contributor II
I'm looking for a way to pass a search term from another website to arcgis.com, and have the search results passed back and displayed in the originating website.  This would allow combining arcgis.com search results with other geoportal search results in one place. 

Is there an api or other means for doing this?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
The API is not public yet, so there isn't any documentation. You could watch the requests and responses and figure it out yourself...

Mike
0 Kudos
AmyRamsdell
New Contributor III
Is this public yet? I have only begun looking into this and haven't yet investigated the calls myself.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, you want to look at the ArcGIS Portal API and possibly the JavaScript API

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisonline/help/#/About_the_ArcGIS_Portal_API/010q000000mv000000/

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
AmyRamsdell
New Contributor III
Thank you ! I was wondering if the portal was the same thing as ArcGIS Online.

I would like to search both ArcGIS.com for map services and/ or a subscription service (AGS Online for Organizations was what it used to be called but I think that has changed too?)
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
You should be able to do it. If you're working with a subscription (aka ArcGIS Online for organizations), you probably need to pass some credentials to search the organization's items. Sorry, I can't tell you how to do this. You might try cross posting in the JavaScript API forum.

Mike
0 Kudos