ArcGis Online application that allows multiple dataset search?

02-06-2024 07:45 PM
Labels (3)
mtuffy
by
New Contributor III

Hi Arc Community,

I have a little bit of experience with ArcGis Online (storymap, dashboards, maps etc), but I am still having some trouble completing a work task that I am working on.

We have a bunch of different datasets (about 6) that we want on one interactive map, and we want the users to search for a particular area (maybe by suburb for example) and then the map will reveal all the details of the different datasets that fall within that suburb. 

So, is there an ArcOnline application that allows this functionality? 

I have made a map, then created a dashboard with the map allowing users to search for a suburb and the information for the dataset in that suburb appears. However, it is only one dataset as I don't think dashboards allow searching or displaying information from multiple datasets. 

Would PowerBI accomplish this? Or Experience Bulder?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can supply some info 🙂
Matt.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @mtuffy 

From your description, I think you will find the "Zone Lookup" template in the configurable apps should be able to do what you are expecting. You should be able to find more information about this template here: Zone Lookup—ArcGIS Instant Apps | Documentation.

As a general description, you should be able to configure this app so that your users can search for a suburb and the app will zoom to that area and return all features from any of your datasets that are within that boundary. 

Let me know how this works for you and whether you have any questions!

Thanks,

Issy

0 Kudos
mtuffy
by
New Contributor III

Hi IssyAmis,

Thanks for the information and your support, it's greatly appreciated! I am hoping to create something this week using the Zone Lookup feature 🙂 I'll hopefully remember to write back with the results haha but hopefully it'll work perfectly for what I am needing for work.

Thanks again for your help,

Matt.

0 Kudos
mtuffy
by
New Contributor III

Hi Issy,

So I do have a question about the Zone Lookup. I have created a map with 4 feature layers that our department uses and I have brought that into the Zone Lookup tool. 

I want the lookup tool to use one of the layers as the search functions (it's a layer with hundreds of polygons that represent different areas). However when I go to the Search Type in Zone Lookup, only one of the feature layers is selectable. No other layers are showing up, especially the one layer I want to use as the search function. 

Is there a reason the other layers don't appear, or a way to fix it? 

Thanks again for any help you can provide 🙂

Matt.

0 Kudos
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @mtuffy 

To clarify, is the issue that when you navigate to "Features within zone", the layer you want to use as the search zone does not show? Does it show up in the "Layers to include in results"? 

IssyAmis_0-1707821749104.png

If it doesn't show up in either of these, perhaps try changing the sharing settings on your layer to see whether that causes it to show up? If it still doesn't then let me know and I'll look into it!
Thanks,

Issy

0 Kudos
mtuffy
by
New Contributor III

Hi Issy, 

Thanks again for your help - I did try the Zone Lookup tool and it kind of worked but also didnt create a full mapping system for what I'm needing. But that's ok, I had a play with experience builder and I was able to figure out how to do it in there. 

So I have 5 layers with one layer being polygon locations and users can select the polygon location they want and a search result will show how many of the other layers fall within that polygon. So this is fantastic...now I've been told by my supervisor to add statistics of how much of those other features fall in that polygon haha...so that's going to be fun to figure out now 🙂

Thanks again for getting back to me and pointing out the Zone lookup tool. I hadn't heard of it beforehand, but I will remember that for future purposes if another job comes up. 

Matt.

0 Kudos