ArcGIS Online doesn't let me upload a 4MB kmz file

Jump to solution
04-05-2018 12:57 PM
AliciaPerez
Esri Contributor

Hi! I'm trying to upload an unzipped 4 MB KMZ file (DepartamentosPeru.kmz) to ArcGIS Online, but I get the following error:

Unable to load KML: Unzipped KML file is too large. 11728167 bytes exceeds the allowable maximum of 10485760 bytes.

Can you tell me why I have this error in ArcGIS Online? Even tough my kmz file has 4MB and according to error the allowable maximun is 10 MB. I'm attaching the kmz file I'm trying to upload. 

Thanks for the answer!!!!

Alicia Pérez

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JessieLindsay1
New Contributor

Hi,

You may have solved this already, but thought I would answer in case someone else had this problem. I dropped down the 'Data Content Properties' in 'Layer to KML' and checked the 'Return single composite image' box. This allowed me to upload it into ArcOnline. 

Kind regards

Jess

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JessieLindsay1
New Contributor

Hi,

You may have solved this already, but thought I would answer in case someone else had this problem. I dropped down the 'Data Content Properties' in 'Layer to KML' and checked the 'Return single composite image' box. This allowed me to upload it into ArcOnline. 

Kind regards

Jess

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Alicia,

I wonder if the KML inside the KMZ is larger than 10 MB? Since KMZ is inherently a zipped up KML file, it may have compressed it quite a bit. I simply use a software program called 7-Zip to unzip the KMZ file to get to the KML file. It may be worth looking into.

0 Kudos