Arcgis Online Web app public access, asking for login

Jump to solution
08-18-2018 06:44 AM
JonathanHallam1
New Contributor III

I have numerous arcgis online web apps created from web maps that are for outdoor events, I share publicly. 

The web map behind the app is all sharing publicly correctly not asking for login and showing in arcgis Explorer application. 

But the web app keeps going to login page.

I don't know how the web map is working but not web app?

https://woodhall.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=b81bca5568a54383bbc1d502628ab63f&mobileBreakPoint=300

Link above is meant to go straight to web app

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
MattLamborn707
New Contributor II

It's the same issue as Fiadh's above. Everything has been shared publicly. I've zeroed in on the issue and will post my findings.

0 Kudos
MattLamborn707
New Contributor II

The issue came from me trying to take a shortcut (shame on me...): I had another map w/ our editable layers in it. I saved it as a new map, then used AGIS Online Assistant to re-point the layers to the publicly-shared views of their editable counterparts. AGOL Assistant successfully remapped the layers to the public views, but left some remnants of the previous editable and not publicly shared layers in the map's JSON settings. Those remnants must be trigger AGOL to ask for a login, which explains why once you cancel out of the request the app works as expected. The problem was solved by creating a new map, bringing in the publicly shared layers to start with, and pointing all the dynamic text, etc in Exp Builder to the new map and fields.

studebakers_Boulder
New Contributor III

Having the same exact issue - if I click the 'x' or cancel 4ish times, it lets me continue along my way, also making me wonder if this is a bug. Everything feeding the map/experience is shared publicly. 

0 Kudos
CherylCollins
New Contributor III

I wanted to allow users to choose what basemap they use, but that was the item that was causing my web map app to require a login.

0 Kudos