Attribute Table Widget Missing from Web AppBuilder

08-03-2023 07:30 AM
Labels (1)
KeithWitt
New Contributor III

I'm trying to add the Attribute Table widget to a Web Appbuilder application using these instructions (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/latest/create-apps/widget-attribute-table.htm) but it's not available in the list of widgets (see photo). The main layer in the web map has query capabilities. Am I missing something simple here?

5 Replies
dcallaghan
Occasional Contributor

@KeithWitt 

It may be that you are trying to add the widget in the wrong area of the page. ESRI describe it as an "off-panel widget" which i think means it is always available within every Web AppBuilder application, just is hidden or unhidden. The part of their documentation I'm referring to is this: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/latest/create-apps/widget-attribute-table.htm#:~:text=The%2...

If you go back out one level from where you are currently trying to add the widget does "Attribute Table" appear on the left? If so, you can make it hidden or unhidden using the little eye symbol which should appear as you hover over with mouse

dcallaghan_1-1691074362683.png

Hope that's a help

0 Kudos
KeithWitt
New Contributor III

That was it! It was just hidden on my display and I overlooked it. Thank you! 

KeithWitt
New Contributor III

On a related matter, some of the alias field names that are applied in the web map and displayed properly in the pop-ups are not displayed properly in the attribute table (see photo). For instance, the alias "Address" displays correctly in the attribute table but the alias "State" for the field name "STATE_NAME" does not. Also, there's no mention in the documentation on how aliases are handled in the attribute table or whether the downloaded CSV will provide original field names or aliases. From my experience, it downloads what is displayed in the attribute table, which is a mix of correct aliases, aliases missing and the origin field names used instead, and correct original field names. Any thoughts or experience with this? Also, I have alerted Esri to the typo in #8 and the need to describe how aliases are handled in the table and downloaded CSV.

0 Kudos
dcallaghan
Occasional Contributor

Hi @KeithWitt , I'm afraid I've not come across that one before. I would recommend posting it as a new question as you might get more viewers. Sorry I can't help!

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

Today, my attribute table widget disappeared mid-edit; how can I bring it back? 

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1693593525955.png

@dcallaghan 

0 Kudos