Can Arcade expressions in pop-up pull the last modified date of the Layer

01-03-2024 06:37 AM
Labels (1)
cat206
by
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if Arcade expressions in the pop-up can pull data from the layer settings, specifically when the layer was last modified in ArcGIS Online?

I'm looking to create a pop-up expression that states the layer was last updated on <Insert Modified Date>, however this isn't a field within the attribute table

cat206_0-1704292546324.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hillary_E
Esri Contributor

Hi @cat206 ,

Are you hoping to create an attribute expression for a pop-up that shows the last time a record was edited?

This is possible by first creating a field that provides the last date and time that a record was edited as well as the user who edited it. To do so, enable editing and track changes in the Settings page of that feature layer (See screenshot below).

edits.PNG

Once these settings are enabled, you can turn on this field from the Data tab of the feature layer (See screenshot below).

data.PNG

cat206
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hillary_E,

Thank you for responding. The features itselves don't get edited/updated, but the overall layer does get amended, which is why i wanted to try and grab the overal modified date of the layer instead of each feature, although i'm not sure if this is possible

0 Kudos