Can I create a choropleth map in ArcGIS online with a free, public account?

Jump to solution
11-16-2023 09:48 AM
Labels (2)
SimonEhlinger
New Contributor

I am trying to create a choropleth map of New York counties shaded by their poverty rates. I have a base layer of New York State county boundaries that I own already in the map and a CSV file that is a duplicate of the table used to make the base layer, but with an added column to include poverty rate. Both include to GNIS ID and FIPS Code of the counties so I know that their spatial boundaries are defined in my tables. However I can't find a way to create a choropleth map that combines these components in order to shade counties by their poverty rates. Is it because with a public account I don't have access to the perform analysis tool so it just simply isn't possible? Or am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanNowlan
Esri Contributor

Hey Simon,

You are correct, with a free public account you have no ability to perform analysis.

Your best way forward is to find a way append the poverty rate field to your boundary table prior to creating the boundary layer. You could then symbolize the boundaries using that field in ArcGIS Online.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonathanNowlan
Esri Contributor

Hey Simon,

You are correct, with a free public account you have no ability to perform analysis.

Your best way forward is to find a way append the poverty rate field to your boundary table prior to creating the boundary layer. You could then symbolize the boundaries using that field in ArcGIS Online.