Can't publish service to ArcGIS Online

08-02-2012 11:51 AM
AimeiChen
Occasional Contributor
Hi, there
I tried to publish map service with one feature class to ArcGIS online but failed. The error message says "packaging succeeded, but publishing failed." Failed to execute (uploadServiceDefinition). Can someone help me if you have experience on this.

Thanks,
Amy
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
65 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
@lars,

We've been able to reproduce the problem with your data.  It is now entered in our defect tracking system so we can fix it. You can track this issue through Esri Technical support via this number NIM102485.

Thanks

Mike
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor

But I got a way to avoid the error , that is keeping the fiddler running when publishing the service,then the service will be published succeded.

The only thing that I can think of is that Fiddler would introduce a small delay.  If the problem you have is timing related then could explain it.
0 Kudos
Lars_ElmkærChwastek
Occasional Contributor
Hi ESRI,

This issue has also been created as an incident in your own support system as:

Incident 1254067: Failure to upload features with custom Style.

I dont know if it has been vreated twice then?

Kind regards,
Lars
0 Kudos
AlastairClinkscale
New Contributor III
But I got a way to avoid the error , that is keeping the fiddler running when publishing the service,then the service will be published succeded.

nan zhang.

Thanks a lot, nan zhang! Simply having Fiddler running has also solved the problem for me.
0 Kudos
PaulaCutrone
New Contributor II
I was experiencing the same error when trying to Publish just a simple map with one feature class.  I downloaded Fiddler and had that open while I attempted to publish and it worked!  Thanks for the tip.
0 Kudos
HeiJo
by
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I got the same issue when publishing map service to AGS 10.2.2 , not to Portal or Online.

I found it come from the tool "Upload Service Definition". Tracking this, I found the .sd file was created but can't be copied to server. The file be deleted immediately after born.

Before I can publishing map service to AGS 10.2.2 successfully.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

I was having the same problem, and found a workaround that may offer a clue to the source of the  problem.

In the GP Results, I reran the Stage Service step separately, then checked to be sure the SD file existed.  Then I reran the Upload Service Definition separately, first checking the box to Override Sharing Properties.  Presto, I have a hosted service.

Jill Halchin

National Park Service

0 Kudos
LauraGiboo
New Contributor III

I am having this same issue right now.  I recently just upgraded to 10.2.1 and each time I try to publish a map service to ArcGIS online I get the error "Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed".  However, when another person in my office publishes (who is still on 10.1) to arc gis online, they have no issues.  Is this a bug with 10.2.1?

0 Kudos
SavannahaBuhrman
New Contributor II

We had been experiencing the same issue recently when moving to 10.2.1.  We found a fix for this issue.  The path for your portal or ArcGIS Online account needs to be set within the ArcGIS Administrator.

Open the ArcGIS administrator, open the advanced configuration window.  Then open Manage Portal Connections and add the address for your AGOL organization or your internal portal.  Once the connection is added, select it and Connect.  Click Ok through all of the dialog boxes.  Now try publishing your services.  This fixed the issue for us; hopefully it can help someone else out.

PaulTudman2
New Contributor

Savannaha, thank you so much for noting this fix. I had tried everything else but your fix worked for me just like you said. What is really wierd though is that no one else in my organisation had to add the organisation URL to get publishing to work - I guess I was just the lucky one.

Cheers,

Paul