Cannot hide required field on GeoForm

Jump to solution
04-13-2017 03:42 PM
EmilyLee2
New Contributor III

Hello GeoNet,

Is it true that I cannot hide required field on GeoForm, even though I have a pre-defined a default value for it?  I don't understand why.  Because it allows me to hide the field in webmap, but still required to show in GeoForm.  It kind of beats the purpose.

Configure popup page from webmap:

Configure fields page from GeoForm:

Thanks,

Emily

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Emily,

It isn't possible to hide a required field. Can you share some information about your workflow or log an idea at https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=6387c7e2-65b5-492d-a75e-5c626fa...‌, so I can better understand what you are trying to accomplish.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hi Emily,

It isn't possible to hide a required field. Can you share some information about your workflow or log an idea at https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=6387c7e2-65b5-492d-a75e-5c626fa...‌, so I can better understand what you are trying to accomplish.

-Kelly

EmilyLee2
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your reply. There is a field called "Status" for field workers to update the status of a case ('Open', 'In Process', or 'Completed') from Collector.  The same feature service is being used in GeoForm for the public to report new cases. So, I've set the default value of the "Status" field to 'Open' and does not allow NULL values when I created the geodatabase in ArcCatalog before publishing it into a feature service. 

When creating the GeoForm on ArcGIS Online, I was able to hide the "Status" field from its web map, but from the GeoForm's configuration page, in the Fields section, it does not honor its web map's setting and all required fields are not able to disable (uncheck).   

Ultimately, I'd like to require the field workers to fill in this "Status" field, but would like to hide this field from the public to avoid confusion.  

Note - I've created another 'feature layer view' for public editing (only allow to add new features), but as for required fields that were set at the geodatabase level in ArcCatalog, it doesn't seem to matter.  

Thank you very much for your time here.

Emily

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thanks for the information Emily,

We will review these requirements.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-hIRaiUqzOdC_
New Contributor II

I have discovered that if you set a template for a layer then it will require that field in GeoForm under 

Edit and Manage

Properties 

This brings up the template info. Anything you set with a default value here will be required in the geoform. If you want to hide that field you have to clear the template value. 

Hope this helps someone!