changes to feature layer published from Pro not seen in Map Viewer web map

Jump to solution
03-08-2024 07:38 AM
Labels (3)
JasonFitzsimmons
Occasional Contributor

I have an ArcGIS Online feature layer published from ArcGIS Pro that is added to an ArcGIS Online Map Viewer web map (not 'Classic' web map).

I added a layer to the Pro document, then overwrote the web feature layer from Pro. I see the change in the ArcGIS Online feature layer, but not in web map; the new layer is not there. I've cleared cache, reloaded, still not there. 

I used to see problems like with the 'classic' web map but hoped it wouldn't still occur. Do I really need to completely recreate my web map because I added one layer? And then rework the widgets in the Experience Builder app that is using that web map?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonFitzsimmons
Occasional Contributor

I did not find a way to do this directly, but I did find a pretty simple workaround.

I ended up publishing the new layers from the Pro document separately as single-layer feature layers.
then i added these individually to the web map.

I think going forward I am going to create all my future feature layers this way, as single-layer services, so the web maps can be more flexible...

Like adding ArcMap-based map services to web maps, I am also seeing that some symbology setting in Pro do not make it into the web map. I prefer creating symbology in Pro but I think ill need to gravitate more toward doing most the work in the web map. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JasonFitzsimmons
Occasional Contributor

I did not find a way to do this directly, but I did find a pretty simple workaround.

I ended up publishing the new layers from the Pro document separately as single-layer feature layers.
then i added these individually to the web map.

I think going forward I am going to create all my future feature layers this way, as single-layer services, so the web maps can be more flexible...

Like adding ArcMap-based map services to web maps, I am also seeing that some symbology setting in Pro do not make it into the web map. I prefer creating symbology in Pro but I think ill need to gravitate more toward doing most the work in the web map. 

0 Kudos