Cluster size based on sum of value

02-14-2024 10:45 AM
Labels (2)
maya_fromstein
New Contributor III

I have a points feature class with our business's clients that I am trying to visualize for the execs. I'd like to be able to cluster the data, and to show client type via colour (this works) and the cluster size to be based off of revenue $. The default is for the cluster size to be based off the number of features within the cluster, however, and I can't figure out how to change this. 

For what it's worth, the cluster size doesn't appear to be based off of anything I can figure out. The cluster labeled #1 has 3 clients in it (total revenue of ~200k), and the cluster labeled #2 has 91 clients in it (total revenue of nearly 2 million). The relative sizing of these no matter how you look at it is obviously very off.

maya_fromstein_0-1707936713208.png

Is there anyway to change the size of the cluster? I have tried setting the proportional symbol based off of the field value for each object, but that changes when I turn on clustering. 

Thanks so much!

3 Replies
JohnEvans6
Occasional Contributor

Clustering really is for aggregating points for display. Instead of that would changing the style based on the revenue field work?layer_styles_totals.PNG

0 Kudos
maya_fromstein
New Contributor III

Thanks! Yeah, I could do that, but what I really want is to show the aggregate value of the points, not just the count. There are so many overlapping points (there are 62 in Toronto, for eg) in some areas that I wanted to be able to cluster to show their cumulative value. So, unfortunately it's not an ideal solution to my problem (see below with only a small subset of points). It would be much more informative to be able to see the sum of those values instead of them piecemealed together.

maya_fromstein_0-1708031835913.png

0 Kudos
JohnEvans6
Occasional Contributor

I can't see a clever way to change the cluster size based on the value rather than point count, but would adding the revenue field as a cluster field, then customizing the label work as far as the display?

My example is pretty dumb since it uses latitude but it gets the gist across:

add_cluster_field.PNGlabel_using_field.PNG

0 Kudos