Compound Filters - ArcGIS Online

05-06-2013 12:28 PM
DougSchenk
New Contributor
Are there any limitations on using compound queries with a feature service in ArcGIS Online? I have both a personal account on-line map and an organizational account on-line map which drop the compound filter expression when the map is re-opened.  Both the feature service and the map have public permissions.  Help is appreciated. P.S. Compound filter was created using the "Add a new expression" function and enabling "ask for values".
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you provide a URL to your map and the steps to reproduce your problem?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
DougSchenk
New Contributor
Hi Mike,
I created a webmap with a compound filter and can share it with this link:

http://bit.ly/141z3N2

Here's two screen shots of the filter screen.  The first is when I'm logged on with my organizational account, and the second after logging out or even when logged in but accessing the map via the url used the share the map.  The map and contents have all been set to public permissions.

Thanks sincerely, Doug Schenk
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24102[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24103[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I am not seeing this behavior. When I open the link to your map, I see the layer with the filter applied. What exactly are you seeing?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
DougSchenk
New Contributor
Hi Mike,
Thanks for investigating.  What's missing is the interactive dialog to allow the user to set the filter parameters.  The dialog has been replaced with the blank edit screen (second screenshot displayed in my post above). Sincerely, Doug
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
OK, now I see. If you are signed in, you get to set the filter. If you're not signed in, you don't.  It seems like a bug. Thanks for letting us know.

Mike
0 Kudos
DougSchenk
New Contributor
Hi Mike,
I'm glad you were able to recreate the problem. Any timetable for a fix?
Sincerely, Doug
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Well, it's on the list for our next update at the end of June. However, the list is long, so no guarantee.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos