Create Features in Map Viewer Not Matching Feature Styles

Jump to solution
12-20-2023 02:23 PM
Labels (3)
MatthewMrizek
New Contributor II

I'm looking for some assistance for an issue I've been having for quite some time now.

I have a published feature service of points which was originally styled into 2 types, lets call them Type A & Type B. I created a web map with that layer styled that way, added it to field maps, worked great for capturing data in the field. Then I found that I needed another feature type, Type C. So I went back to the data tab on the feature service, added another value to the list under the field, then when to the visualization tab, changed the style to add Type C, added the feature back to my web map and the new Type C feature does not show up under Create Features after clicking the Edit tab, only Type A & Type B show up. The same is true for when I opened the updated map in Field Maps, it does not show up as an option there either after clicking the blue + sign. All 3 types show up under the Legend (in AGOL & Field Maps) just fine and when I manually change the attribute to Type C under the stylized field the point displays correctly on the map. I just can't select it as a new feature to create. I've added it to multiple other web maps and they all only show Type A & Type B as selectable features to create. I've been trying all sorts of things like completely changing the style to another field based on names but it still only shows Type A & Type B for creating features (the legend changed to the new stylization of names).  

I've had this problem every time I try to add new feature types using styles. I appreciate any insight you can give.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @MatthewMrizek

Providing a way to manage feature templates within Map Viewer is on our future road map. In the mean time, you can use either Map Viewer Classic or the Field Maps Designer app.

To manage feature templates in the Field Maps Designer app, follow these steps:

1. Open the Field Maps Designer app.
  2. Navigate to the layer for which you want to manage feature templates.
  3. Tap on the 'Templates' tab, which contains the list of existing templates for that layer.
  4. To create a new template, tap on the 'Add Template' button and provide the necessary information.
  5. To edit an existing template, tap on the template you want to modify and make the desired changes.
  6. To delete a template, swipe left on the template and tap on the 'Delete' option.

Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
3 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @MatthewMrizek

Providing a way to manage feature templates within Map Viewer is on our future road map. In the mean time, you can use either Map Viewer Classic or the Field Maps Designer app.

To manage feature templates in the Field Maps Designer app, follow these steps:

1. Open the Field Maps Designer app.
  2. Navigate to the layer for which you want to manage feature templates.
  3. Tap on the 'Templates' tab, which contains the list of existing templates for that layer.
  4. To create a new template, tap on the 'Add Template' button and provide the necessary information.
  5. To edit an existing template, tap on the template you want to modify and make the desired changes.
  6. To delete a template, swipe left on the template and tap on the 'Delete' option.

Hope that helps! 

Tags (1)
MatthewMrizek
New Contributor II

@EmilyGeo Thank you! You gave me a name for what I've been looking for, Feature Template. I tried following your steps but I couldn't find the "Add Template" button anywhere in Field Maps Designer, I could only edit the existing templates. However, I opened the maps in Map Viewer Classic then hit Edit>Manage>Select the layer and it automatically updated to how I had it stylized. I hit Save Changes in the Manage New Features sidebar and everything carried over to Map Viewer and Field Maps working as intended.

Thank you so much for steering me where I needed to go!

OscarVazquez
New Contributor

This worked for me thanks!

0 Kudos