Delay in attributes updating when editing in Map Viewer

06-15-2022 10:58 AM
DavidHood_USFS
New Contributor III

I've noticed when editing in Map Viewer there is a delay from when you edit an attribute to when the attribute is actually changed if you select the same record to edit again.  In the screen capture below I select a point and change the NEPA Status field.  The label that is displaying that attribute is updated, but if you select the record again to edit, the edit feature pane still contains the old attribute (and its the same result on the fields with a domain or without).

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

In Map Viewer, it probably isn't as big of a problem since the edit pane closes, but this becomes a much bigger issue in the web editor I built using experience builder.  In experience builder, since the edit pane doesn't close after you click the update button, it could cause the user to think their edits did not get saved.  

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

These are hosted feature services and I did publish with Contingent Values.  I am also using calculated expressions and custom arcade script for labels, but that doesn't seem like anything that should be causing this issue.  I do also have an analysis join setup on this service which is created a hosted view, which I haven't used before but that also doesn't seem like it would cause this issue.  Does anyone have any ideas on what is happening or how to fix this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Hi David,

We are actively working on improvements to the FeatureForm (which is what the Editor is using). If you could provide a repro app showing this issue, it would definitely help us try to determine where the exact issue may be occurring. It very well be addressed already with our next 4.24 release.

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos
DavidHood_USFS
New Contributor III

@HeatherGonzago I can't provide the app from my screen captures but I can publish a copy of the services and create an identical app to help identify the issue, just let me know what I need to do.

0 Kudos