Did I break ArcGIS online?

Jump to solution
05-15-2015 12:11 PM
EricGreen
New Contributor

Just last week I was able to create a new map on ArcGIS.com and add data from here:

TravelTime/TravelTime (MapServer)

And it created a nice map. Now when I try, I get a "taking a long time to respond" warning followed by an error saying it cannot be added. I don't think I did anything to our ArcServer. I asked a few other AGO users to try and they saw the same results. I rebooted our server. I can add the same service to ArcGIS desktop with no trouble. Finally I tried a completely different server:

Folder: Utilities

It does the same thing. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong or did I break the Internet?

Eric

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Eric, is your organization SSL only? That would explain it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
EricGreen
New Contributor

I assume this was a bug. It seems to be resolved now. Did anyone else see this behavior?

0 Kudos
EricGreen
New Contributor

Okay, that was short lived. It is back again.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It seems to be drawing just fine:

Is there anything in the logs of your ArcGIS for Server?

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric, something to check - does the layer only fail to draw when the map is accessed over https? It doesn't look like the Folder: Utilities  supports HTTPS (and the initial link you posted also wouldn't over port 6080).

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
EricGreen
New Contributor

Xander,

How long ago did you try that? Does it work now? It was working at some point this morning.

Chris,

I have tried with and without the port. I am no longer trying the utilities feature. That was just a test. I am trying:

TravelTime/TravelTime (MapServer)

I log into arcgis online and create a new map and add the above link (with or without the :6080).  The I see:

For a brief moment this morning, the same steps worked fine (as it did for me a few weeks ago). If anyone can add this layer right now, then it must be something I am doing.

I really appreciate this help.

Eric

0 Kudos
EricGreen
New Contributor

I do see some severe log items:

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I just did another test and although it takes several seconds to respond  the service can be added to the web map and shows after zooming in. I have included the PSR recording of the steps, which also lists the time for each step. Sorry for the mixture of Dutch (OS) and Spanish (AGOL account) in the recording...

0 Kudos
EricGreen
New Contributor

I found that by logging out of my organization's AGO and trying my personal one that it all works fine again. I think this will work for now, but I may need to contact ESRI as to why it won't work for my organization.

Thanks for all the help folks!

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Eric, is your organization SSL only? That would explain it.

0 Kudos