Display a view count - Bird Survey

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Labels (3)
MattSully
New Contributor III

Recently we published up our bird survey which is being updated daily.  The system that we use is field designer, monitoring the whereabouts of moorland birds.

One tweak that would be good to have available is to display the view count for each species.  I have been reading a variety of comments on the lack of this functionality.

I thought it could be count() in arcade or somewhere.

Not had much joy with this, from the AGOL system.  Am I missing something?  Is this not available?
I would be surprised

I have had a look in a variety of locations, including Parameter.... There are suggestions we can add it in ArcGISPro, but I would like it for the AGOL map.

Count_Bird_Survey.PNGBird_Survey_Parameter.PNGif it isn't.  I am new to this and at the moment have been very impressed with what I see.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

There are probably a number of ways you can do this, partly it depends on where and how you want that count to appear. In the web map you can add a chart for this purpose and there may be some things you can do with arcade to display information in a popup . If you start using a dashboard as the vehicle for sharing your observation data this probably becomes easier, as there are widgets that will show this pretty easily and you have access to the advanced formatting capabilities that can leverage Arcade for instance to provide that information in a list. The more you delve into building applications (dashboards, Experience Builder apps specifically) out of your maps the more capabilities for displaying useful information there are. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

There are probably a number of ways you can do this, partly it depends on where and how you want that count to appear. In the web map you can add a chart for this purpose and there may be some things you can do with arcade to display information in a popup . If you start using a dashboard as the vehicle for sharing your observation data this probably becomes easier, as there are widgets that will show this pretty easily and you have access to the advanced formatting capabilities that can leverage Arcade for instance to provide that information in a list. The more you delve into building applications (dashboards, Experience Builder apps specifically) out of your maps the more capabilities for displaying useful information there are.