Edit Features Enable/Disable on Content Menu

04-05-2013 07:50 AM
KevinEarl1
New Contributor II
I just wanted to suggest to whomever controls the Content Menu creation of ArcGIS online that it would be a great idea if I didn't have to go into every feature service for one map and disable them one by one. If you created an enable/disable editing column in the content menu, that would be awesome. I have a map with several feature services in it and I have to go into every one to disable editing for publishing. Pain. I'm just throwing it out there. What do you think?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
You can disable editing when you share your service. It will automatically disable editing for every layer.

I just wanted to suggest to whomever controls the Content Menu creation of ArcGIS online that it would be a great idea if I didn't have to go into every feature service for one map and disable them one by one. If you created an enable/disable editing column in the content menu, that would be awesome. I have a map with several feature services in it and I have to go into every one to disable editing for publishing.   Pain. I'm just throwing it out there. What do you think?
0 Kudos
KevinEarl1
New Contributor II
I'm sorry. Where?   Oh. No I mean, I have several feature services for one map. When I create an app I have to go to each one and disable edits.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
If you edit the feature service item in "my content" you can disable editing on the feature service as a whole. Note that disabling editing in a particular web map does not disable editing on the feature service. The feature service will still be editable by other clients, or in other web maps.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos