End user training for Map Viewer

10-23-2023 04:01 PM
Michael_Kraus
Occasional Contributor

I am planning to encourage my 100 or so AGOL users to "New" Map Viewer from classic.  There doesn't seem to be much recent content in the ESRI Academy at training.esri.com.

Am I looking in the wrong place?  Is there some straightforward / not complicated training I can share with my users to help them move from Classic to New map viewer?

ESRI - is there any imminent free / maintenance user level training about to be released that will help my occasional / non-GIS expert users make the most of their AGOL subscription?

4 Replies
James_Blythe
New Contributor II

Dear Michael Kraus,

This does not directly answer your question but may still be of relevance.

Have you considered using Microsoft Clipchamp.

Here is the link: Quick and easy video editor | Clipchamp

Microsoft Clipchamp enables you to easily record what is happening on your screen and export it to a video.

The software has a very modern interface and there is a text-to-speech tool so that you can audially convey instructions to the viewer. The voices are increasingly sounding more-and-more natural.

I hope that this information may provide a little bit of assistance for you, but please consider if it is right for you or not.

Yours sincerely.

James Blythe.

0 Kudos
JonathanNowlan
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael,

One place you can explore aside from Esri Academy is learn.arcgis.com you can find some good targeted tutorials. Here's one you may find of interest:

Create maps in Map Viewer (arcgis.com)

Some of my colleagues here at Esri Canada have created some instructional videos you might find useful

Alternatively, this 1 hour video from Esri is pretty good

Hope these help.

Michael_Kraus
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jonathan - the videos at learn.arcgis.com should be useful in this case.

0 Kudos
Michael_Kraus
Occasional Contributor

The best I found at this point is this 7 minute YouTube clip from GeoMarvel.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex8I_uU9l0k

This is what I am sharing with my users for the time being.  It is not the latest, so misses out on the Analysis options.  I would hope / expect that ESRI will put something on the ESRI Academy sometime?

0 Kudos