Error storing credentials on secured service in AGOL 502 Bad Gateway

05-16-2014 01:37 PM
AlexMahrou
Occasional Contributor
I have an error storing credentials on secured service in AGOL that results in a 502 Bad Gateway

After adding the item, and storing my credentials, I attempt to add the service to my map and I get an error 502 bad gateway. If I attempt to browse to the new rest endpoint at utility.arcgis.com I get an ArcGIS Portal Directory  Error.

ArcGIS Portal Directory | Home
Error
You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation.

Error: 403

I'm using server 10.2.2 sync sync-enabled feature service. (GIS Tier Authentication)

I've tested this with map services too and also on a computer that is completely off of my company domain.

Do I need to do something to federate my server with AGOL? Do I need to set up some sort of a proxy or open a port to AGOL? The instructions for this are turn-key http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/arcgis-server-services.htm

They just say, you can do this. But don't provide any detailed prerequisites?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlexMahrou
Occasional Contributor
BUMP

I have an error storing credentials on secured service in AGOL that results in a 502 Bad Gateway

After adding the item, and storing my credentials, I attempt to add the service to my map and I get an error 502 bad gateway. If I attempt to browse to the new rest endpoint at utility.arcgis.com I get an ArcGIS Portal Directory  Error.

ArcGIS Portal Directory | Home
Error
You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation.

Error: 403

I'm using server 10.2.2 sync sync-enabled feature service. (GIS Tier Authentication)

I've tested this with map services too and also on a computer that is completely off of my company domain.

Do I need to do something to federate my server with AGOL? Do I need to set up some sort of a proxy or open a port to AGOL? The instructions for this are turn-key http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/arcgis-server-services.htm

They just say, you can do this. But don't provide any detailed prerequisites?

BUMP
0 Kudos
AlexMahrou
Occasional Contributor
BUMP

BUMP

BUMP

BUMP
0 Kudos
DavidSpeight
New Contributor II

Alex -

Did you find any resolution to the 502 bad gateway issue?  I currently have the same problem on a production server install although my development and test environments are working fine with the same configuration.  My secured services can be added directly to a web map with no issues, but can't be used to create a service item with stored credentials.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi David,

Is this an issue that you are running into with Portal or ArcGIS Online? Is SSL enabled?

If SSL is enabled, please verify that the intermediate certificate is installed, using the URL below:

SSL Checker - SSL Certificate Verify

If this isn't the issue, please contact Technical Support.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
DavidSpeight
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly -

Our issue ended up being that IIS had been inadvertently set to accept client certificates in the SSL settings.  Once we set it back to ignore client certificates, everything worked as expected.

Thanks!

AlexMahrou
Occasional Contributor

WOW David,

You solved the original issue with that answer you just posted. I've been on at least two support calls with Esri to tier 2 and they were stumped. We thought we were chasing a whitelist ip address issue, but I guess not. Thank you so much for sharing.

DavidSpeight
New Contributor II

Glad that helped!  I burned a week on it last week...was almost at the point of rebuilding the whole config until I decided to review the IIS SSL settings since someone else had done the initial setup.

0 Kudos
MichaelHamrick2
New Contributor II

Been telling you for years,,,,,,,,,YOU DA MAN!!!!

LM

Sent from my iPhone

KCCGIS_Team
New Contributor III

Portal error : when I am trying to access secured rest service which I added as an item and shared with a group. and when I try to access this url I get this error : You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation

Any help please!

0 Kudos