Favourites star in Contents view

02-29-2024 01:42 AM
Labels (2)
NeilWebber
New Contributor III

Hi

Am I missing something or has the latest AGOL update removed the little gold star that appears in the Content list view against favourited items? This was a really simple way of marking and easily seeing items that were in use in a particular app folder (i.e. the 'live' versions of maps/data/media etc). This wouldn't be so annoying if the 'My Favourites' view of content allowed you to filter by folder but it doesn't as far as I can tell.

The only similar option now seems to be to mark items as 'Authoritative' so that the green tick icon appears in the content list, but this can only be done item by item rather than being able to tick off 25 favourite items in one go as used to be the case.

Hoping someone will tell me I can turn them back on!

Neil

Useful stars (Enterprise and how AGOL used to be)

NeilWebber_0-1709199168967.png

No useful stars (latest AGOL)

NeilWebber_1-1709199543866.png

Tags (2)
3 Replies
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

If you click the ellipsis at the end of the row there is an "Add to favourites" option

0 Kudos
NeilWebber
New Contributor III

Thanks Richard

This option remains to add and remove favourites, but it doesn't result in the gold star marker appearing in the list view as per image 1 above. This whole marker column (and method of adding a favourite by clicking on the empty star) seems to have been removed from the content page. I made a lot of use of this as a visual cue in complex folders, so the change is frustrating for me, but I recognise that it might only be me that finds it so.

RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

Yeah I appreciate it doesn't give you that visual cue. I guess, until ESRI acknowledge that little star was useful it will just be a case of clicking back and forth to the favourites tab at top

0 Kudos