Filtering and viewing records from related tables

03-26-2015 03:35 AM
AndyKeljarrett
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have created a map that has a feature layer showing all our land ownership. Alongside this is a related table where ground operatives can fill in work they've done, which in turn an inspector can fill in their assessment of this. What we need to be able to do is filtere these related tables on ArcGIS Online, say by the type of work or quality and then zoom to the location.

I recognise that the tables themselves don't have any geo data attached but I would have thought that by relating them they would pick up on the location of parent layer? Am I missing a step or just I shouldn't be using standalone tables? I wanted to move away from our current method, which was creating a brand new feature everytime they did work. As they do about 10 cuts of grass a year on around 68 hectares, this was creating a lot of duplicate data

Thanks

Andy

3 Replies
AndyKeljarrett
New Contributor III

Another post just to say that having played around we realized that standalone tables wouldn't work and have changed everything back to features. These still allow us to relate to a parent layer, but also means we can filter within the pop up table at the bottom and zoom to features. It also gives us a way of viewing attachments of related 'tables' which is quite handy!

0 Kudos
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Andy,

I am just curious about your statement "It also gives us a way of viewing attachments of related 'tables' which is quite handy!"

How do you view the attachments (say photos) of relate tables?

Thanks,

Simo

0 Kudos
AndyKeljarrett
New Contributor III

Hi Simon,

To be honest I think we redesigned everything again after this post and I haven't used the related tables since, so not sure how it all worked.

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos