Finding a place by longitude and latitude in ArcGIS.com map viewer

Jump to solution
07-20-2012 06:03 AM
ScottWhite
New Contributor II
Hello.

Yesterday (July 19) I was working with the ArcGIS.com map viewer and was able to type a simple coordinate pair (-104.7108, 38.8158) in the Find address or place box, press the keyboard's Enter key, and watch the map zoom to the correct location.  Today (July 20), I cannot do this.  After typing the coordinates and pressing the Enter key or the Find button, an Error message box appears saying Location '-104.7108, 38.8158' could not be found..  I have tried this using both IE9 and Firefox14, Windows7 and XP machines with the same results.

Am I doing something wrong or has this functionality been removed from the map viewer?

Thanks for the help.

-Scott White
Fort Lewis College
Durango, CO
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
We are experiencing problems geocoding lat/long coordinates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
We are experiencing problems geocoding lat/long coordinates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
ScottWhite
New Contributor II
Thanks.

It's working now (7/21/2012, 5:00 pm PDT).  Glad to know the problem was on your end, not mine.  It was driving me nuts!!

-Scott
0 Kudos
ScottWhite
New Contributor II

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks.

It's working now (7/21/2012, 5:00 pm PDT).  Glad to know the problem was on your end, not mine.  It was driving me nuts!!

-Scott
0 Kudos