Generic View Only Named User?

Jump to solution
02-24-2016 09:42 AM
DanSaul3
New Contributor II

Our story map authors often desire to have their content peer reviewed by internal staff before making them public. Many of these reviewers do not have named user accounts and we are running up against the limit of named users we can have with our AGOL organizational subscription. I am contemplating creating a generic account with view only privileges for these content peer reviewers to use. Have anyone else encountered this situation and how did you handle it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SethLewis1
Occasional Contributor III

Dan,

This is technologically possible but I believe that ESRI forbids in their ELAs the type of shared, generic login that you're referencing.

We've considered this situation and have become very judicious as to our named user accounts, including disabling and/or deleting users who haven't logged in within a certain extended time frame (e.g. last 12 months) to clear up room.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SethLewis1
Occasional Contributor III

Dan,

This is technologically possible but I believe that ESRI forbids in their ELAs the type of shared, generic login that you're referencing.

We've considered this situation and have become very judicious as to our named user accounts, including disabling and/or deleting users who haven't logged in within a certain extended time frame (e.g. last 12 months) to clear up room.

DanSaul3
New Contributor II

Thanks, Seth. Your reply prompted me to review our ELA and I did find in there the specific clause forbidding sharing named user accounts among multiple individuals. Our story map authors will need to either quietly make their story maps public for peer review or we will need to shuffle named users in and out of the organization as required to handle the peer review.

0 Kudos