Getting towns based on drive-time service area

12-20-2022 08:01 AM
thismadde
New Contributor

Hi,

I have been looking for a way to retrieve the zip codes and names of towns covered by service areas I created. Looking on these forums didn't bring me any answer so I either can't find it or am asking for something really dumb.

I am using ArcGIS Online directly in Excel and also on the website. What I wanted to do was to place my starting points, create drive time service areas around them, then export towns falling under these areas to a new sheet/file. What I can't find a way to do is the last part.

I saw that something similar was possible, like simulating which towns would get underwater in case of a river's overflow, which is why I thought it be possible.

I have tried importing a layer containing all of France's towns, but as it is a Living Atlas resource I can't export the data of the towns selected with the selection tool to a new sheet. Another problem is that it quickly goes above 100 elements which is the limit for the selection tool, and fractioning the selection may lead me to miss some towns.

thismadde_0-1671551635568.png

(Above is what I tried)

I considered just dowloading the complete lis from interent and geocoding them all but it's just dumb, credit consumption-wise, since we're talking a few dozen thousands points.

Is there like a tool I could have missed, or anything that could enable me to get what I need? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies