Having trouble configuring Public Notification Widget in Web AppBuilder

02-12-2018 11:17 AM
deleted-user--MMnVrog9xw_
Occasional Contributor

I am attempting to use the Public Configuration widget in Web AppBuilder on ArcGIS online. I created a web map that contains a map service layer with our county parcels, and then created a Web AppBuilder app from that map. I added the Public Notification widget but when I click on it, it says "No layers with addresses templates popups have been configured". When I go into the configuration no layers show up under the "Address Layers" tab. 

I have configured the popups for the parcels layer with the following expression:

{relationships/0/FULLNAME}
{relationships/0/MAILINGADDRESS}
{relationships/0/CITY}, {relationships/0/STATE}, {relationships/0/ZIPCODE}

This seems to match the screenshot that is in the documentation for the widget but the documentation is pretty vague on how to configure the layer for use with the Mailing notification widget. 

What do I need to do to get the configure the feature layer so that it is usable with the Public Notification Widget?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

Mine works with a map service. I brought in the map service individual item layer. then enable popup as a custom attribute. it is pretty awesome.

0 Kudos
CattyannCampbell
Occasional Contributor II

The widget is buggy. I configure my app using a feature class. It works for a while then next time I open it it does not work. I do it again works for a while then don't work keep giving me "Please configure the URL search source."

I have pop-ups and all that as I said it work fine for a while then breaks randomly.

0 Kudos
ThomasOlson
New Contributor III

Why does the downloaded CSV. not include the headings?  Why does the data have to be derived from a custom pop-up attribute?  Why can't ESRI allow the list of attributes to be downloaded to include headings and all attributes?  They are making this really difficult.  

0 Kudos
BillLotz
Occasional Contributor II

Has anyone had this work with joined data. Our parcel data just has the PIN field and it is joined to a table which included the address attributes. I was able to get it to recognize the address layer, it's in a map service, by bringing it in an an individual layer.

The problem is that when it does the labels they are blank. It will print any text I add, but will not even print the PIN field (non joined data) if I add it. The joined fields show up in the configured popup just fine.

I'm getting ready to create a service with the attributes  (not a join) included to test it out, but wanted to see if someone else had been down this road. I am using portal, not AGOL.

PS Tried it with a non-joined layer. Everything works up to the point of exporting the labels. The only thing that shows up is text I entered in the popup, no fields come through. Popup in the application works as it is configured.

0 Kudos
KyleMCSE
New Contributor II

Have you gotten this to work? I am struggling like you are/were. We don't have addresses attached to our parcel data and I have to join the table like you are. I have been trying this on and off for about 6 months now and have not had any luck.

Kyle Waun
GIS Technician