How do I see how much storage files are taking up in ArcGIS Online?

03-27-2023 09:46 AM
Labels (1)
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I have a web map and associated application.  It has several Tile layers that I made from photogrammetry and needed to be able to zoom in to get details. That resulted in a lot of tiles and a lot of space.  It is burning a lot of credits very quickly.  I am wondering:

1. Is there a way to take up less space? The TIF basemap image is only 5mb, but when shared it became 4,000 ish tiles for 1:71 scale, and it results in like 400+mb estimated space.  Any more efficient way of sharing these?

2. Assuming there isn't a good way to save space without losing details, I need to move this webmap and app somewhere else.  I did the photogrammetry as a volunteer and it will cost me like $800/yr to continue hosting this on ArcGIS online.  That isn't an option for me.  Asking around, everyone wants to know how big the files are.  This isn't listed anywhere in ArcGIS Online that I can tell?  Where is the file size shown?  Would also be good to know so I can clean out unused stuff that is eating up credits.

Cheers,

Justin

1 Reply
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I guess one way to reduce the number of tiles and the space used would be to reduce the scale range of the tile layer. This would limit the level of detail shown when zoomed out and reduce the number of tiles needed. Another option would be to use a different compression method for the tiles, such as JPEG or PNG, which may result in smaller tile sizes.

0 Kudos