How to allocate Level 1 and 2 on ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
02-27-2017 05:11 PM
EmilyLee2
New Contributor III

Hello GeoNet,

I am trying to assign Level 1 on ArcGIS Online, and currently we don't have any member with Level 1 yet, but it gives me the following message:

Do I need to allocate number of slots for Level 1 and Level 2 somewhere first?

Thank you!

Emily 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

From what I understand, the slots are not inter-changeable, but as always, it's best to talk to your customer service rep or local distributor for details.  They may have a way to switch them at your renewal time. 

Yes, the level 1 slots are cheaper. 

I know there will be a new update for AGOL soon since the dev summit is next week.  I suggest you hold off until that comes out since you never know what changes may be coming out. 

edit:  had to find these

Level 1 and Level 2 memberships 

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2016/12/20/your-guide-to-named-user-levels/ 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Do you have any Level 1 users?  By default, all previous seats where assigned level 2, and unless you purchased or made other arrangements, you may not have any level 1 seats (we don't).  You can see the number of seats on the My Organization page for you AGOL organization ...must log on as an administrator.

EmilyLee2
New Contributor III

Thank you, Rebecca!  So, Level 1 is something we need to purchase separately?  Can a partial of Level 2 become Level 1 without additional purchase?  And would Level 1 be cheaper since they cannot do much beside viewing?

Thank again!

Emily

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

From what I understand, the slots are not inter-changeable, but as always, it's best to talk to your customer service rep or local distributor for details.  They may have a way to switch them at your renewal time. 

Yes, the level 1 slots are cheaper. 

I know there will be a new update for AGOL soon since the dev summit is next week.  I suggest you hold off until that comes out since you never know what changes may be coming out. 

edit:  had to find these

Level 1 and Level 2 memberships 

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2016/12/20/your-guide-to-named-user-levels/ 

EmilyLee2
New Contributor III

Thank you, Rebecca!

0 Kudos