How to import mosaics into ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
03-16-2017 12:02 PM
LairdFerguson
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am interested in using ArcGIS Online to share 2D orthomosaics. I have mosaic exports created from Pix4D and would like to import them into ArcGIS Online. I have tried a few different approaches in ArcMap and ArcGlobe without any success. The Pix4D mosaic exports include full TIF or OVR images with corresponding PRJ, TFW, and XML files. Google tiles separated into PNG files with corresponding KML files and other tiles with TIF or OVR images and corresponding PRJ, TFW, XML files.

Any help on how to get my mosaics onto ArcGIS Online would be much appreciated. 

Thank you,

Laird

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LairdFerguson
New Contributor II

Hello Jayanta,

I do have a license and was trying to export it as a tile layer, but I figured out my issue. I had both the tile mapping and feature access checked off, which I could only have one checked during publishing. I have successfully uploaded a mosaic onto ArcGIS Online. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I don't know if this help topic is what you are looking for but it is worth a look

0 Kudos
LairdFerguson
New Contributor II

Hi Dan, 

I have created and uploaded different layer and map packages but I am unable to import them into the Online map? I don't recieve any URL or anything for the layers or packages I create?

0 Kudos
LairdFerguson
New Contributor II

Also I am a newbie to ArcGIS so I could be making a very simple mistake. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you also have a license of ArcGIS Desktop? Else you could avail a trial license from ArcGIS - Free trial .

You could share the mosaic as tiled map service to ArcGIS Online.

See https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-2996-publish-a-tiled-service-to-arcgis-online-wo-arcgis-for-serv... 

Think Location
0 Kudos
LairdFerguson
New Contributor II

Hello Jayanta,

I do have a license and was trying to export it as a tile layer, but I figured out my issue. I had both the tile mapping and feature access checked off, which I could only have one checked during publishing. I have successfully uploaded a mosaic onto ArcGIS Online. Thank you. 

ONEILDOWE
New Contributor

Greetings Laird,

I am trying to accomplish the same thing. Can you provide guidance on what you did? Thanks. 

Oneil

0 Kudos