How to refresh a web map layer symbology when REST map service changes

05-18-2023 08:52 AM
Labels (1)
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

We have a polygon layer where several shapes were added, and the mxd map service updated with the new symbology.  We do not see these changes in the web map in AGOL.

How can we refresh the web map in order to show the new symbology from the REST service.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

I think the safest way and the way the ESRI staff do it in demos is to hit the browser "reload" button.  Otherwise you have to log in and out or something that is way too time consuming.

0 Kudos
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Hi @JayLarsen 

This post recommends to add the Rest map service again to your  webmap.

This is what I did and it worked.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/symbology-from-rest-service-not-updating-in-ag...

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This would be ok if I did not already add my 33 Arcade expressions and all the custom popups.  It is a lot of work to recreate all of that. 

I got burned on ArcPro 3.1 defaulting to not having the check for Use symbols compatible with all client types.  Pretty sure this is new.

I still use classic due to that lack of all the Related Records buttons in the new map viewer.

0 Kudos
CoffeeforClosers
New Contributor III

Would opening a web socket connection through the Refresh Interval method on the layer in your webmap work?

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @CoffeeforClosers 

How do you do that?  I am not familiar with "opening a web socket connection".

Thanks

0 Kudos
CoffeeforClosers
New Contributor III
0 Kudos