Information Lookup template search issue

Jump to solution
12-13-2016 02:54 PM
JuneAcosta
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to configure the hosted Information lookup app with my data. Im searching for an address against my parcel layer, and I have configured the app to show the popup in the side panel.

For some reason,  the search window is not getting fully populated with the address that I select from the suggestion list. I believe this is also causing the issue with the information panel returning more than one record. A 30 minute configuration is taking me days as I try to figure the issue with my configuration.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Here's the map if you want to see the issue... , Information Lookup 

Thanks in advance!

Please see my attached image.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Here the result from the first time for the record:

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

The parcel point?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Sorry, I thought your service has a parcel point in it. It does not.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

June,

I spent a few hours narrowing this down and I know what is going on.  The query is using the parcel you search for and looking to find if any other parcels intersect it, in the case of someone wanting to find overlapping polygons in the same layer.  I believe the way features are being generalized for the web, the two parcels do slightly overlap.  The app is already using the GeometryEngine to filter out non overlapping features returned by the query, but it does not check for features who have a very small overlap.  In this case, 3.6 sq feet. 

I can code to remove very small overlaps, but what is the threshold and should we expose this option

I can also code to not look for overlap on the searched feature.  

I have tested both options and they resolve your issue, but I need to make sure I do not break and existing apps.

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

Michael,

Is the overlap happening between my layers in my webmap or is this happening within the same layer? As for the threshold, in our layer there should be no overlap with the polygons, except for parcels that are stacked (e.g., condos and timeshares) 

Are you going to make this change to the online version?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

It is too late to make this release(was last night), but we can schedule it for the next, loosely planned for Feb/March.

I believe the overlap is because of how geometry is being process/generalized through the feature service, not the source data.  

I will make these enhancements and share them in the github repo so you can host the app on your own till the next release.

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

Thanks Michael!!

MikeMillerGIS