Is it possible to change the Max Record Count on an AGOL hosted Feature service?

Jump to solution
10-15-2013 01:30 AM
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor
Greetings AGOL fans,

NOTE: I'm playing the role of a user that has no access to other Esri software.

I'm adding a shapefile to My Content, using "Add Item". This will result in a Feature service.  After the service is created, when I check its properties, the Max Record Count is set to 2000.  Is it possible to increase this parameter?

Many thanks in advance.
Miguel
Tags (2)
13 Replies
Lars_Kristian_EngelsbyHansen
New Contributor III
Hi Mike.

I have tried your solution - and for some things it works great. Right now I have allmost 4.000 polygons, covering the most of Denmark.

I have made your modification as you see:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32766[/ATTACH]

And the map is doing great in the online mapviewer:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32767[/ATTACH]

The problem occurs when i want to edit the layer through ArcMap. It seems that the service keeps the limit on 1.000 records when adding the features from the folder "My hosted services" in ArcCatalog. As you can see, it only adds 1.000 records:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32768[/ATTACH]

And the attributetabel:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32769[/ATTACH]

My questions are:

1. What is it exactly that that the changes in the service does?
2. Is there another work around to support this workflow?

I hope to hear from you.

//Lars
0 Kudos
StephanLe_Roux
New Contributor II

Lars,

Did you manage to get past the 1000 record problem ?

Regards

0 Kudos
MichaelSchoelen
Occasional Contributor III

Here is the latest article on how to expand the maxRecordCount in ArcGIS Online:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012383

This is a good way to expand the results in tools like the WebApp Builder Query widget. But there is a trade-off between increasing results and performance, so use with caution.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

I'd like to emphasize that, while you can increase the max record count of the service, it's not a recommended practice. Most of Esri's current client apps don't use this setting and already fetch data in spatial tiles and paginate as needed. There are some specific cases where it may help, for example, with ArcMap, as mentioned in the support article.

Thanks,

Mike