Issue with editing hosted feature layer attribute table in AGOL

07-25-2018 09:44 AM
mingster
New Contributor III

I published a hosted feature layer to AGOL that allows users to create, update, and delete point features. Initially, we were able to add a point to the map and complete the fields in the attribute table. However, what is happening now is the data I enter disappears as soon as I click on the next field in the table. Also, the date field auto populates to 12/29/1899 and reverts to this date when I try to change it. Oddly, this isn't an issue when we add a point using Collector - we can fill in the fields, but the date still defaults to 12/29/1899.       

I didn't make any changes to the layer's definition after publishing, so I don't understand what is happening. I appreciate any insight on this.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AaronCraig2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ming,

Just a quick question, is your layer dependant on a filter that is using blanks? Thus when your data is filled out, it no longer meets the filter requirements?

0 Kudos
HeatherAlbrecht
New Contributor II

Hello,

I had the same issue with date defaulting to 1899, and found this tidbit in some ESRI documentation "There is a numeric representation for each date and time. A date of December 30, 1899, has a universally agreed-on value of 0."  If the date field is required, does not allow NULL, then 0 is the autogenerated value that serves as a placeholder until the actual date is populated.

Allowing NULL the dates should fix the issue 

0 Kudos