Labels not working in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
08-17-2023 02:17 PM
Labels (2)
Sean_Wray
Occasional Contributor

Labels are not showing up on my community facilities layer. I published from ArcPro with labels no luck. I then removed all label configuration from ArcPro and published no labels at all and then tried to turn them on in AGOL and that didn't work either. 

When I enable labels on other layers in the map, they work. This leads me to believe that there is something up with the community facility layer.

Sean_Wray_0-1692307002172.png

data is there...

Sean_Wray_0-1692308076838.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sean_Wray
Occasional Contributor

So - I'll convert my multipoint feature to point features and label.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the map published from Pro that is showing the issue?

0 Kudos
Sean_Wray
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like those are multipoint and we have an open issue with labeling in the JSAPI to support this. The support ticket to support labels on multipoint is: BUG-0001375864

The error for the labeling was in the browser dev console: "Unable to create labels for layer, geometry type 'esriGeometryMultipoint' is not supported"

I'll create a ticket to hide labeling component in MV to reduce confusion there until multipoint support is added at the API level.

0 Kudos
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I can't any reference to this bug (BUG-0001375864) in the support pages, but yet it still seems labeling multipoint geometries in AGOL Map Viewer does not work - what is the status of this issue, is it a bug being addressed, or is it a known limitation with no plans to fix it?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

known limit right now, we are waiting on API support  which is logged under BUG-000137586

0 Kudos
Sean_Wray
Occasional Contributor

So - I'll convert my multipoint feature to point features and label.

Mark_Wilson
New Contributor II

I have a similar issue - when creating a web layer from a feature class and the labels are not displaying in AGOL Map Scene. Only able to label with the Object_ID field.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
ElisseDeleissegues1
New Contributor III

I am also experiencing published feature layers not showing labels, but my situation is slightly different.

Please see the following:

Labels do not appear when viewed in Map Viewer from FeatureServer (see attached)

https://services3.arcgis.com/fsrDo0QMPlK9CkZD/arcgis/rest/services/COMMERCIAL_USE_PARCELS/FeatureSer...

[{"labelPlacement":"esriServerPolygonPlacementAlwaysHorizontal","labelExpression":"","labelExpressionInfo":{"value":""},"useCodedValues":true,"symbol":{"type":"esriTS","color":[0,0,0,255],"backgroundColor":null,"borderLineColor":null,"verticalAlignment":"bottom","horizontalAlignment":"left","rightToLeft":false,"angle":0,"xoffset":0,"yoffset":0,"font":{"family":"Times New Roman","size":8,"style":"normal","weight":"bold","decoration":"none"}},"minScale":12983.3348645505,"maxScale":0}]}

However, when viewed in AGOL, the labels are showing as expected (see attached)

This is affecting a third party application map

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The labelinginfo is empty

"labelExpression": "",
"labelExpressionInfo": {
"value": ""
},

and not pointing to  to what the screenshot for the working case would be the expressioninfo pointing to a field or another expression like  "$feature["GIS_COMMERCIALTABLE_CLASSIFICAT"]"

0 Kudos