Layers in a web Map not appearing in the Web Map Settings

Jump to solution
03-05-2018 07:50 AM
SimonCrutchley
Occasional Contributor III

I have created a web map in ArcGIS on-line with several layers, all of which appear fine, both n the map and in the list of layers in Overview. They are all shared with everyone. however, when I go to the Web Map Settings in Settings and attempt to add them they do not appear. I want to add them so that I can search on them once I build a Story Map. can anyone explain why this is happening and what I can d about it.

Ta

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Simon,

Thanks for sharing.

One of the layers in your web map, Historic Aerial photographs of selected landscapes is a feature collection which doesn't support feature search. All of the other layers appear in the feature search when I resaved the web map. I'd suggest publishing the historic aerial photographs as a feature layer, and verifying the layer type of any other layers that aren't appearing.

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Thanks,

Kelly

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KellyGerrow

Can you share the item or a screenshot of the issue?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
SimonCrutchley
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Here you go. As you'll see from the 1st screenshot, the layers exist, but from the second only two of the four appear as options. As I said before all are shared with the world so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hey Simon,

Thanks for sharing.

One of the layers in your web map, Historic Aerial photographs of selected landscapes is a feature collection which doesn't support feature search. All of the other layers appear in the feature search when I resaved the web map. I'd suggest publishing the historic aerial photographs as a feature layer, and verifying the layer type of any other layers that aren't appearing.

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Thanks,

Kelly