Layers list is cut off in Basic Viewer

Jump to solution
08-29-2013 07:17 AM
BenAller
New Contributor III
I'm using the Basic Viewer web mapping application template with a lot of layers in the layers list.  Unfortunately, the layers list is getting cut off at the bottom of the screen and there's no scroll bar to allow users to access the layers at the bottom.   I was figuring that a scroll bar would exist within the template.  Is there a way to add a scroll bar?  I'm ok with downloading the template customizing if need be.  Link: http://chesco.maps.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=b62e349e5509445fbdaa6993abdd...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Ben,

Try the following and let me know if it enables the scroll bar:

In layout.css add the following class

.customMenuPopup{   overflow-y:auto !important;   height:70% !important; }

In layout.js search for the code that creates the layer menu (~ line 808) and add the baseClass as shown below:

var menu = new dijit.Menu({             id: 'layerMenu',             baseClass: "customMenu"         });

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Ben,

I brought that up to ESRI a couple of months back and they said they would look into that issue. Maybe somebody found a solution for it!

Tim
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, unfortunately we're not adding a scroll bar. I've documented the issue. The only solution I can think of is to download the template and modify it yourself. You'd then have to deploy it to your own web server.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
BenAller
New Contributor III
Deploying on our own web server is possible.  Can ESRI provide any documentation or work around solution for modifying the template?

Thanks,
Ben
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Ben,

Try the following and let me know if it enables the scroll bar:

In layout.css add the following class

.customMenuPopup{   overflow-y:auto !important;   height:70% !important; }

In layout.js search for the code that creates the layer menu (~ line 808) and add the baseClass as shown below:

var menu = new dijit.Menu({             id: 'layerMenu',             baseClass: "customMenu"         });
0 Kudos
BenAller
New Contributor III
Kelly,

Got it working.  Thanks for your help!

Ben
0 Kudos