Layers not loading. Getting blinking blue dot.

02-16-2023 11:57 AM
DavidGabrielse
New Contributor

Trying to figure out why several maps that were fine are now showing a blinking blue dot in the layer pain at the data will not load.  I can still see the hosted feature layer in pro but not online.  Any thoughts on this issue appreciated.

DavidGabrielse_0-1676577294322.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP

Have you tried using your browser's developer tools to inspect the requests to the layer's service?  Dev tools are excellent for troubleshooting this type of thing.

0 Kudos
DavidGabrielse
New Contributor

I will give that a shot.  Thanks   This seems to be specific to EDGE, but not machine or user specific.  Everything seems to be working fine in Chrome.

0 Kudos
MobiusSnake
MVP

Wow, that's weird.  Dev tools might not give you much insight then, I assumed it was a server-side issue but if it works in Chrome that's not likely the case.

0 Kudos
DavidGabrielse
New Contributor

The dev tools helped.  I am getting fatal errors in the EDGE console that I'm not getting in the Chrome console.
I will file a ticket with ESRI support.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
SavannahRoybal
New Contributor

Has there been any solution to this? Filing ESRI support tickets for each instance does not seem like a viable solution.

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi.  I am having this problem now too.  I updated the web map and feature layers in early February, and all were working well.  The web map is composed of two hosted feature layers, a polygon layer with six polygons and a point layer with six points - election districts and polling places.  The polling place layer will not load in the web map and therefore is not available in the instant application in our public facing GIS gallery.  In the web map, the point layer has the little blinking blue dot, which keeps on blinking.  I suppose I will have to overwrite (republish) the layer, or is there something else I can try?

0 Kudos
JayHodny

I overwrote the service and the blue dot persists.  I removed the layer and added it back in to the web map, configured the pop-up.  Blue dot persists.  Shared to Everyone.  I suppose I need to delete the feature layer now, and simply publish a new one.

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Publishing new did not work.  Tables in both feature layers are viewable, select and 'zoom to' works, but no point symbols are showing. 

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Figured it out.  I had created nice little ballot box symbols in the past (Vector point). 

JayHodny_0-1709829157776.png

Apparently, these no longer work.  If I updated the symbology to use Basic Shapes, then the point features are displayed.  Went a step further and imported my original ballot box GIF files through the Symbol Styles...Added Styles pane in Map Viewer. Worked great!

0 Kudos