Login keeps asking to complete profile

06-07-2022 08:00 AM
Labels (1)
LetaSchoeller
New Contributor

I am writing on behalf of a colleague.  We are part of the same organization and how an organization login information (instead of a user name and password, when we sign in we click on organization url).  When she goes to login to community.esri.com instead of signing it keeps asking her to complete her profile and will not let her proceed.  If she tries putting in her email address (the one associated with our organization) it says that the email has already being used, leading me to believe that her profile should already be set up.

Has anyone ran into this before or knows what is going on?  For reference, I can login just fine using the same steps.

2 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

Use incognito instead? This site seems kind of bad with detecting existing accounts/logins. I have like three accounts now due to this.

0 Kudos
Vidushi_Patel
Esri Contributor

If you are using organization specific logins and your organization is using an identity provider e.g., Okta or similar, you may need to login using the idp to avoid this error.  Similar error may be received if you have multiple usernames associated with the same email. To check this, you can use forgot username option in the login page to get an email with all the username/s listed with your account. If you find more than one username associated with your email, contact esricommunity@esri.com to delete unused/unwanted username.  

Regards,

Vidushi

0 Kudos