Map Notes in AGOL map: Is there a way to conert these to shapefiles for use in a map?

Jump to solution
04-18-2018 10:51 AM
SiranErysian2
New Contributor III
  • I created some map notes for specific locations. I need to export these to a map I created for printing in Pro. Is there a way to export these to a shapefile?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Try this:

1. Open the map in Map Viewer, click Details, and click Contents.
  2. Browse to the layer you want to save, click More Options More Options, and click Save Layer.
  3. Once saved as an Item, browse to the item details page (at this point, it's stored as a Feature Collection).
  4. Publish the item as Hosted Feature Service.
  5. Once published as a Feature Service, you can then export it as a Shapefile, and some other formats.

Please also reference the following documentation that covers the concepts in the above steps:

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Try this:

1. Open the map in Map Viewer, click Details, and click Contents.
  2. Browse to the layer you want to save, click More Options More Options, and click Save Layer.
  3. Once saved as an Item, browse to the item details page (at this point, it's stored as a Feature Collection).
  4. Publish the item as Hosted Feature Service.
  5. Once published as a Feature Service, you can then export it as a Shapefile, and some other formats.

Please also reference the following documentation that covers the concepts in the above steps:

SiranErysian2
New Contributor III

Thank you.

Siran D. Erysian, M.A., GISP,

Research Analyst II – GIS

Think Spatially

Department of Water Resources

3374 E. Shields Ave, Rm. A-1, Fresno, CA 93726 (559) 230-3312

Siran.Erysian@water.ca.gov

0 Kudos