Map Viewer Multilayer symbols not rendering in correct order

10-08-2023 03:59 PM
Labels (1)
andrewdc_tt
Occasional Contributor

I have various multi layered vector line / polygon symbols that I have authored in ArcGIS Pro, and have published to use in Map Viewer. One example is a black line with markers along it, with a white casing around both the line and markers to provide contrast. In ArcGIS Pro, it looks like this:

andrewdc_tt_0-1696805648264.png

andrewdc_tt_1-1696805656719.png

However, on the web in Map Viewer, despite the order in the same vector symbol in the chooser being in the same order, the white marker background renders in front of the black line that should be on top of it:

andrewdc_tt_2-1696805724981.png

andrewdc_tt_3-1696805804792.png

This seems to also happen with polygon symbology with similar configurations.

Any ideas about how to make it work correctly, or is it a bug that needs fixing? Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @andrewdc_tt , do you have a sample Map that has a Sharing Level of Everyone (public) that you can refer us to so that we can check this ourselves ?

Note, it is very important that any Public content does not contain any sensitive or confidential information.

0 Kudos
andrewdc_tt
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ChrisUnderwood, here is a sample map I have published showing a couple of variations of the symbology.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?webmap=7b9bf12f3e424f79aa9020abe8d5cdcd 

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @andrewdc_tt , yes that shows the problem here too. I didn't see any obvious answers to it in the Map Viewer itself. Please can you detail the steps you followed to author this Symbology in ArcGIS Pro, and the version of ArcGIS Pro you used to do it.

0 Kudos
andrewdc_tt
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ChrisUnderwood the symbols were created in a style file and published from ArcGIS Pro 3.1, I tried both publishing via a layer and also publishing the style as a Web Style, which have the same result.

Interestingly, the symbols look correct when opening the same map in Field Maps.

0 Kudos
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, this bug should be fixed in the February update to ArcGIS Online. Thanks!

0 Kudos