Map Viewer not saving Feature display order setting

02-05-2024 04:57 PM
KevinBrown10
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I am trying to utilize the Feature display order option that is found in a layer properties in Map Viewer (see image below). Changing the Order by option has the desired effects; however, after saving the setting and saving the map, the next time I return to the map the Order by returns to 'Default data order' 

KevinBrown10_0-1707180603924.png

I first noticed this because the display order was not being honored in Experience Builder which makes sense if it is not being saved.  I believe this was working as expected several months ago so not sure if a recent update broke this.  

What is the best way to contact ESRI about this bug? 

Thank you,

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @KevinBrown10 

That is a good spot.  According to the documentation for Set feature display order, one should be able to save the settings.  I have tested this with the Map Viewer from the ArcGIS Enterprise Portal 11.1, and it works as you expect, it saves the order I defined on a numeric attribute. When I close and reopen the map, the features are displayed as per the saved setting.

I would suggest raising this issue with the Esri Technical Support team for your area.

Miguel
0 Kudos