Moving items from one group to another

Jump to solution
03-10-2017 05:07 PM
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III

In my Organization, I have 2 Groups. I am the Administrator. Is it possible to move items from one Group to the other Group?

My goal is to eventually delete one of the Groups due to the fact I require a new Username. I read it is not possible to change a Username. Once it is created it stays. 

Can you tell me how this can be done?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could uncheck sharing the items with the "old" group, and check for sharing item with the new group.

Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

You can change your First Name and Last Name without changing the UserName.

Else, if there is room to create another user account, you could create one with the desired username, grant it Administrator privileges, and move the items created by the administrator. Then, you could delete the older User Account.

Think Location

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could uncheck sharing the items with the "old" group, and check for sharing item with the new group.

Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

You can change your First Name and Last Name without changing the UserName.

Else, if there is room to create another user account, you could create one with the desired username, grant it Administrator privileges, and move the items created by the administrator. Then, you could delete the older User Account.

Think Location
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you. This is partially helpful. But, how do I move/copy items from one group to another in the same organization?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim, usually individual items have an owner, they are not owned by a group.  As Jayanta mentioned, you could just unshare/share with the groups you want within an organization.

Are you trying to change ownership of move between folders?

I've started to play with the Jupyter Notebook and the Python API, and it has (or is getting) options for making much of this easier.

0 Kudos