Name changes with SAML/Organization Accounts in ArcGIS Online

06-05-2023 02:15 PM
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'm curious if anyone else has had to do this process yet!

I'm an ArcGIS Online admin - this summer I will be getting married and changing my name. If there is anyone that uses SAML/Google Authentication for an organization site - did you ever have to change your username/email? I'm curious if there is a sync, or if you have to call ESRI directly and they do some type of update.

I'm testing things now so I don't lose access to things. Worse case scenario - I have an non-SAML admin account that allows me access to the site, but I would like to use my SAML hosted authenticated account because that is where all my class examples are tied too.

Or has anyone else had to change their name/username? I'm just wondering what the experience was if someone else had to do it.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeslieUK
Esri Contributor

First of all, congratulations!

In my experience, depending on your SAML set-up, you may have the "best-case" scenario where your name change is reflected with the change in your single sign-on, with the caveat that your username will not change (this cannot be changed).

However, if your SAML creates a new user with a new username reflecting your name change you can migrate your content over as an administrator of ArcGIS Online and just remove your previous account from the organisation. You will also have to consider rejoining any group you were initially a part of.

I hope this helps!

~Just trying to fix things~
0 Kudos