New map Viewer and Line Labels

Jump to solution
12-13-2021 07:10 AM
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Hello All,

I see that there have been some recent updates to the new make viewer. One of those being the labels associated with line work. The amount of labels per line has been greatly reduced (thankfully). The issue now appears that the labels do not move when you zoom in and out. In my case I am referring to road names . Roads tend to be long and have the label "sit" in one spot doesn't help the user know where they are at when zooming around in a map. I have only noticed it so far in the AGOL webmaps I have not tried the new line work labeling in a webmap application yet. I'm I missing something? 

14 Replies
ToddTurner
New Contributor III

And the status of this one now? Doesn't seem to be in Enterprise 11.1.

Simple line label positions of on/above/below seems like a fairly fundamental mapping requirement.

CassNEGIS
New Contributor II

I would like to also ask when this is planned, it's frustrating that I am unable to set labels to run parallel to street centerlines, for example.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We are looking into this. The current plan is to support above and below along placements. Feel free to share any example maps you have.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ScottKiley
Occasional Contributor II

@RussRoberts, can you provide an update for this? This would be very beneficial if it was implemented.

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Additional placement options are still on our road map to add to Map Viewer but I don't have a release date. We have a ticket that can be tracked ENH-000130376

0 Kudos