New Map Viewer: option to change the date format to DD/MM/YYY in printed map

Jump to solution
10-31-2022 08:17 PM
BronwenHughes
New Contributor III

I am an Australian user and would like an option to display the date in DD/MM/YYYY format on maps printed using the new Map Viewer / print widget in web apps.

At present, it prints in MM/DD/YYYY format, which is not Australian convention.

According to this page:  Print widget—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation, "the date and time format of the printout is based on the location of the printer"  How do I change the location of the printer? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BronwenHughes
New Contributor III

Hi Zara  - I contacted ESRI as suggested. The solution they provided was very much like yours and fixed the issue. Hooray! This is the solution:  

1. In ArcGIS Online, click on your name in the top right-hand corner of the screen and select My Settings
    2. In the General Tab navigate to Language, number, and date format and click Update
    3. In the Number & Date format select a new region, eg United Kingdom and click save
    4. In Language, number, and date format and click Update again and in Number & Date format select Australia and click save

BronwenHughes_0-1667962864885.jpeg 

Today is  the 9th of November 2022

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

ZaraMatheson_0-1667427520279.png

Hi, Do you have Number and date format set to Australia in your user profile settings? When I changed mine to that I was able to get it to print with the DD/MM/YYYY format by default.

0 Kudos
BronwenHughes
New Contributor III

Hi Zara, good idea, however, I have checked my user profile settings  and they are set to Australian time yet it is still printing the date on the map in MM/DD/YYYY format (11/3/2022): 

BronwenHughes_0-1667428888512.png

BronwenHughes_1-1667428929615.png

BronwenHughes_2-1667429014229.png

I wonder if this is because the ArcGIS Online "printer" is located in the USA? I would even be happy if the date was displayed as  "Nov 3 2022"!

0 Kudos
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi, sorry I should have specified, your AGOL user settings. It can be found here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/get-started/set-language-region.htm

0 Kudos
BronwenHughes
New Contributor III

Hi Zara, ta for the clarification 🙂  I've checked my user profile settings and they were already set to Australia, yet the date is still printing in US format using the new Map Viewer print widget.  

BronwenHughes_0-1667864305997.png

According to this page:  Print widget—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation, "the date and time format of the printout is based on the location of the printer"  How do I change the location of the printer? 

0 Kudos
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi, it might be best to contact support for this one. With those settings I am able to print with this format. There may be something specific to your set up that we are missing. 

ZaraMatheson_0-1667865555069.png

0 Kudos
BronwenHughes
New Contributor III

Hi Zara  - I contacted ESRI as suggested. The solution they provided was very much like yours and fixed the issue. Hooray! This is the solution:  

1. In ArcGIS Online, click on your name in the top right-hand corner of the screen and select My Settings
    2. In the General Tab navigate to Language, number, and date format and click Update
    3. In the Number & Date format select a new region, eg United Kingdom and click save
    4. In Language, number, and date format and click Update again and in Number & Date format select Australia and click save

BronwenHughes_0-1667962864885.jpeg 

Today is  the 9th of November 2022

0 Kudos