No Information Returned For Pop Up

05-20-2014 12:27 AM
MarkYoung
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
I have configured a pop up but it only seems to work when zoomed out. When I zoom in close it searches then says no information available - is there a scale toggle somewhere?
Thanks
Mark
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RaymondHuang
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mark,

There might be. Can you share more on what widget or which method are you calling for the search pop-up?
If you can share your code here, more of us might be able to share some insights.

Cheers,
Raymond
0 Kudos
MarkYoung
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
No actual code. I added a layer from our ArcGIS server to the map then clicked the drop down arrow to enable pop up then configure pop up. Its the same for another point layer. It's not an issue for polygon layers so I can only assume although I am clicking dead centre of the point there is a mis-alignment somehow?

Thanks
Mark
0 Kudos
RaymondHuang
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mark,

Can you share the service URL here for us to test?

I suspect it may have a scale dependency display setup. Take for example this one:

http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Louisville/LOJIC_LandRecords_Louisville/M...

If you add this into ArcGIS Online map viewer, it will be click-able and show the pop-up when you zoom in to meet the Min. Scale: 6160.84032885541 as shown on the its rest service directory.

Am I on the right track or are you facing something else?

Cheers,
Raymond
0 Kudos
MarkYoung
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
Checked and both min and max scale are 0. I also checked scale dependencies in the .mxd
Not sure if I have done this correctly but I have shared publicly? and the link is:
http://enc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=c8eeab108006455e88555d09ed95d1e...

hanks
Mark
0 Kudos
RaymondHuang
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mark,

Sorry, I am unable to access your item as a public. Can you check the sharing permissions?

Raymond
0 Kudos
MarkYoung
Occasional Contributor
Try now,
Mark
0 Kudos
RaymondHuang
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mark,

I can access the app template, but I cannot access the item that is used to create the app. Please check the sharing permission of the 'item', which I suppose is a web map. On top of that, please check the sharing permission of the 'services' used as layers in the 'item' too.

Raymond
0 Kudos
MarkYoung
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
Deleted and recreated - please try:
http://enc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=f4136da8ae5249c9abf731eca2c46cd...

if that doesn't work I am unsure whats going wrong. I checked both web map and web mapping application in the gallery was shared with everyone (public)

Thanks
Mark
0 Kudos
MarkYoung
Occasional Contributor
Hang on - I have identified the issue..
I changed the base map to our own Ordnance Survey data rather than pre-configured Open Street Map and identify works at all scales - must be an alignment issue between the ESRI cached base map and our operational layer.. Out of interest can you see the map?

Thanks
Mark
0 Kudos